27 November 2009

so its been a while... Sorry about that. Its been pretty crazy...

The biggest news is that my car died. Two weeks ago the problems started. As if there weren't any problems already! I had it taken to the shop, but they didn't get to it till a week later. When they did, they let it warm up in the shop for a few hours before working on it. And magically, when it was warm, it worked fine. Go figure. So I got it back, and it ran a grand total of 2 days before dying again. So now it is sitting in a parking lot, waiting for me to figure out what the heck I am going to do about it. So please pray for wisdom :)

Thanksgiving was fun. I was supposed to go to the Ranch, but without a car, that would be a long walk in the snow. So I stayed in town and went to a co-worker's house. Instead of the traditional American Thanksgiving, we celebrated with a mix of Scandinavian and Danish styles. Turkey? Naw, its all about the goose! The cranberry sauce was made fresh from berries that my co-workers picked this fall here in Anchorage. Of course, I took my cello and provided some dessert melodies. All in all, it was a grand day, even though I wish I could have been with my own family.

No comments: