15 November 2009

a day off

Thursday I had the day off. I had plans to go places, but my car had other plans. (more on that later) So I went out for a walk, just to get out of my apartment. For those of you who don't know anchorage, it has a pretty extensive trail system running throughout the city. In the winter, some of the trails are groomed for cross-country skiers. Not that I cross country ski... but they are also good for walking. So I ventured out to the closest trail to my apt, and these are a few of the sights that I saw. Yes, these were taken with my camera phone. Let's just say getting my camera fixed is hovering somewhere not on the list of top priorities right now.

water would splash on the branch hanging over the water, freezing on as it dripped down

A frozen spot of Campell Creek with a foot bridge in the distance

Snow covered branches hanging over Campell Creek
I love the colors in this one-the hint of yellow in the weeds and a touch of red in the trees-as Campell Creek flows by half frozen

No comments: