22 November 2010

mind the socks

Church: One of my favorite weekly events. While its a good Christian thing to say that I like Church, the reason isn't entirely Godly. Yes, I enjoy hearing the preaching. Yes, prayer time is crucial. Yes, worship brings our hearts into the right place. Yes, its the only time in the week I am guaranteed to see several friends. But there is another reason I enjoy going to church.

Socks.

Since there is so much mud around here, (nothing is paved) the best way to control the amount of dirt inside buildings is by leaving shoes at the door. Even at church. The entry way is lined with benches and hooks to hang jackets and remove shoes. From children to grandparents, we all attend services in our stocking feet.

If you come for a visit, make sure you have at least one pair of wild socks with no holes in them. You will need to wear them to church.

No comments: