26 November 2010

hunting/trapping

This is not a post advocating fin and feather.* For the most part, they make our lives miserable. I understand that they are there for a reason. Moving on...

Some friends and I were hanging out the other night watching a movie, and all the sudden Danny shouts, "Fox! Gotta get my gun!" I look over at the sliding glass window, and there was an orange ball of fur with black beady eyes. Right on the porch. I had never seen a live fox before that night. Danny comes racing back through the living room, opens up the sliding glass door, and points. The fox slides through the rails on the porch, but sits down just out of range of the light. BAM! The orange ball of fur quickly becomes the first fox I have ever seen shot.

He will claim it under his trapping tag. According to the slightly more liberal trapping law, he can shoot. As opposed to hunting... No, I guess it's not supposed to make sense.

*Also known as Alaska Department of Fish and Game

No comments: