26 April 2010

This week I...

followed a recipe for banana bread
made up a stromboli type meal with a friend
threw chicken, veggies, and marinade in the crockpot
made my usual foccacia
experimented with my usual amazing cinnamon roll recipe


And that is just the kitchen stuff that I did!


this week I also...
went running several times
went to the dog park
went to the beach
went hiking
GOT A JOB!
told my boss about my new job
went to dinner with my new boss and his family

Its been a GREAT week! I love that we have so much more daylight these days. It helps me get up earlier, and just gives me more motivation to go outside and enjoy it. As you can see with the aforementioned activities.

My current boss was really gracious. That is a HUGE answer to prayer. I wanted to make sure I was leaving there on good terms, as I would A) need her as a reference in the future, and B) wouldn't mind picking up a few shifts there at some point, just to get my discount back :) She was really excited for me, and even gave me a hug. There have been ups and downs working for her, but it couldn't be a more gracious parting.

Oh, the job! I will be working for a part 135 operation. The main "hub" is out in the bush, at a fishing lodge (owned by the same person). Also there is an awesome Bible camp, with volunteers from all over the lower 48 coming up to work for a couple weeks at a time. While the main hangar and everything is in the bush, a large number of summer passengers come up through anchorage to go either to the lodge, or the Bible Camp. Up to 120 passengers a day come through Anchorage in the summer. With the biggest plane seating 9, that creates a lot of work.

During the summer, I will be working here in town doing everything from customer service, answering phones, and scheduling to fueling planes, loading baggage, and maybe even an oil change every once in a while.
In the fall, the plan is to head out to the bush to do some maintenance and ground crew work. From there, we see where the Lord takes me. I am REALLY excited about this whole new path the Lord has taken me on.

The owner and family are all really strong Christians. I went out to dinner with them last night, and was able to share about my aspirations to return to Africa. It was great to be able to be open and honest about who I am and what I want to do with my life with my employer. He knows several of the missionaries I worked with in Africa, and even mentioned that he is trying to get one of the mechanics up here, as soon as paperwork works out. Did I mention that God is AMAZING to put this all together??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Liz! Looks like we'll be working together! We're in Winnipeg canada right now on our way up to Anchorage. Look forward to seeing you!
CJ