07 April 2010

I will not give up

Its written in big letters across my journal from several weeks ago. I had to remind myself of that fact today. I admire so many characters in the Bible for there perseverance. Through impossible circumstances, they remained faithful. Even when they didn't know what to do, even when their circumstances were not their fault, they got through whatever came to them.

Maybe my problem is that I picture them with a bubble around them. Because I know the end, I know that they should have hope. No matter how tough, how rotten, how unfair their troubles may be, I know that they are going to be ok because the end was already decided. Why should they fret? Anything is easier to handle when you know the end result.

Because of this, I didn't feel like I could relate. As to-do lists grow longer, work schedule continues to be unpredictable/unsteady at best, and more nightmares crop up, I feel pretty hopeless. And I get to thinking about the lucky characters in the Bible who had it so much better, with their story already written.

Are you getting the foolishness of my thought process? There are two big flaws that I see here. Feel free to point out more. Number one: the Bible characters didn't know the ending. The only thing they knew was what had already happened and what was currently happening. They didn't know the whole story like I do. And that leads to number two: The end of my story HAS been written. It doesn't make the trials that I face any different. I still have to face them. But the end is in place, and the battle is already won.

I will NOT give up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Liz,

I wanted to give you a heads up on our plans! We are headed up to your neck of the woods next Sunday, the 18th! We have about 2 weeks before we will arrive at the Ranch for our May housing... then we head off to Port Alsworth. Hope we can see you soon!
CJ and Autumn