18 April 2010

busy busy busy...

who would have thought working 6 days in one week would be so crazy? Well, I guess I didn't really think before offering to take a co-worker's shift. In light of not having anything else exciting to share about this week, I will leave you with a few things to do:

-be adventurous in the kitchen
Find a meal you have never made before, find a recipe, and make it. It is liberating. I find myself not making things because I have never made it before. But the recipes tell you what to do.
Or, if you have conquered all the meals you care to eat, go without a recipe. Throw random vegetables in a pasta sauce. It won't alter the flavor enough to keep the family from eating it. Or if it does, its only one meal.
Make something from scratch. Sure I like to buy things all made up in a jar. The best foods come from you controlling what goes into it. If I can't pronounce something on the list of ingredients, I don't know that I want to put it in my body.

-shake up the old 'do
Part your hair differently. Let it air dry instead of blow drying. Find a different product to put in it. Let it go all natural. Or for the truly radical, get it cut. Just find something a little different to do with it.

-pray purposefully and dangerously
A lot of people don't really know what they are asking for when they pray for a virtue, such as patience. God generally gives the petitioner an opportunity to stretch their current level of that virtue. I jokingly say that I don't pray for patience anymore, cause I don't want to have to practice it. Or maybe someone asks for guidance, but doesn't like the direction that they are given. Prayer isn't effective unless you know that it will be answered and you seek the fulfillment of that request. A couple friends of mine have requested prayers for boldness. That is a dangerous request, asking God for an opportunity for them to exhibit their boldness. And I am excited to pray that for them. My current request is for discernment. A line has been drawn with some of my friends, a very clear line between those who are living a life in love with Jesus, and those who are not. I want to know how to encourage the former, and witness to the latter. It's a bold prayer. It's a dangerous prayer. And it's a fulfilling prayer.

Its definitely spring!! Spring is the season of new growth, of things changing. Maybe that's why I feel the need to shake things up a bit!

No comments: