01 April 2010

home again

I had a great time in Texas. It might have been more work than play getting ready for the wedding, but the time I got to spend in LeTourneau land certainly made up for that. All in all, it was entirely refreshing for several reasons:

-it wasn't the normal work I do to pay rent
-Sunshine!
-A really pretty storm came through, complete with torrential downpour and a brilliant lightening display
-I was around people just about 24/7
-I wasn't doing any of the wedding stuff (4 LONG days of prep) for me
-I got about a million hugs from LeTourneau people
-The reactions from people that didn't know I was coming
-Several friends who dropped all their weekend plans just to hang out with me
-The new Aviation facility, or airport campus as they call it
-When it was all said and done, I had a home in Anchorage to come back to

I never realized how awesome it is to have a real home to come back to. When I moved around every two weeks last year, living out of suitcases, I didn't have a definite home to return to, I was always moving on to somewhere new. When I returned to school, my apartment had been taken over. Even though I lived there four months, someone else had taken up my space, and it was no longer home to me. I hadn't lived in my room in my parents house for 4 years. Even though its where I grew up, it felt like I was visiting. And I had huge piles of re-organization to do, as most of my stuff was in some stage of moving back from college. It was a weird time, because I didn't have anywhere I was rooted. It is definitely a good feeling to be able to return to my home, the place I have established as my own. I can only imagine how much more exciting it will be to move to my eternal home someday.

1 comment:

Liz said...

and by posting that you're home again, on april fools, you really mean that you're not home and on your way back to Texas? ;-)