06 October 2009

home sweet home

I have been in Oregon the past week and a half. I am staying at my parents house, trying to pack up some stuff that I want and/or need in Alaska the next few years, categorizing it as stuff i need right away, stuff i need in a few weeks when my parents fly in, and stuff i dont need for another six months. It's been quite the process, but I have had time enough that I can take it slow.

It's been good to see friends. There are a couple friends who have been with me all through high school and we have stayed friends through college. Its kinda fun hanging out with them, seeing how we have all changed, and seeing the people we have become because of that.

I go back to anchorage on Saturday. I am excited, but sad to leave my friends and family at the same time. I am really excited to take my cello back to Alaska with me. That's going to be an adventure and a half, as I have to carry it on the plane to sit in the seat next to me. Maybe I will give an inflight concert.

I will give a more detailed recap of my trip after I get back, but for now I have been too busy packing. Ok, more like too busy catching up with friends and family... you get it, don't you?

No comments: