23 September 2009

snow in the hills

I keep sitting down to write a little here, but then realize that not much is changing in my life right now. Nothing terribly exciting to report... which is good, in its own way.

On Tuesday, I woke up to snow in the mountains. The locals tell me that snow in the mountains means snow in the city isn't too far away. At church, the ladies were asking each other if they saw the mountains. Most of them commented that they were ignoring it, while I had to contain my excitement. I guess it is good that I was going to hang out with the kids who are as excited about snow as I am.

I was chatting online with a friend from Life point the other day. Her family relocated to Arizona for a year while her husband finished his doctoral work. So in addition to taking care of her husband and two daughters that are at home, she is job hunting and they are looking to get involved in their churches, just like me. I enjoy talking to her cause we are in similar situations. I was talking to her about the snow in the mountains, and my upcoming excursion outside, and she asked a question that really hit me. She asked, "What else is good in your life?" Good? I thought to myself. I thought I had already covered that and more... but her question made me realize that I don't think enough about the good things going on in my life. Sure they are coming slowly and I have to look for them, but that doesn't change the fact that they are indeed good.

So here's to remembering the good things... hopefully I will do a little better at it in the weeks to come.

No comments: