08 December 2010

hangar happenings

A lot of what happens in the hangar is work. While expected, work tends toward the boring side. So last week, when things other than work happened, we were all really amused.

1) During break, a conversation happened between two of my co-workers. I wasn't listening too closely, but I heard something mentioned about 5 dollars, then one of the guys headed over to the 206 and started crawling into the belly pod. This guy is over 6 feet tall, and I wasn't sure that he could get all of his legs in there.
JAARS 206 in Waxhaw

Apparently he did, because the other guy snuck up and closed the door behind him. Next thing I know, our director of maintenance is headed over to the plane, saying, "You aren't doing it right!" before he hops on the tail and starts rocking the whole plane up and down. Eventually they unlock the door, and the guy begins asking about his 5 bucks as he crawls out.

2) The 99 was in for maintenance this week. Aside from the scheduled inspection, one of the antennas on top had vibrated enough to crack the metal surrounding it. One of my co-workers spent 3 days cowboy style on top of the plane, working on the fix. Its not a normal place to see a person, so it was kind of funny to have someone up there for 3 days. I wish we would have gotten a picture!

No comments: