12 December 2010

fresh fruit

How often do you buy fresh fruit and veggies at the grocery store? Well, there is no grocery store here. The most convenient shopping center is 200 air miles away. I am very blessed to have a friend in Anchorage that will pick up a list at costco for me every once in a while, but its not the same as the weekly grocery store trip where one picks out their favorite (and maybe a little more of what is on sale) produce. So on this last list, I got a case of oranges, bananas, pomegranates, a and pineapple. What is one supposed to do with all this, other than make a glorious fruit salad? I decided to give some to my neighbors, who are avid fruit lovers. I know this means that I will probably be without fruit at some point, but I would rather them have some as well than me hoarding it all and watching it go bad.

So next time you are wandering through the produce section, think about how you would buy if you knew you wouldn't be shopping for the next 2 months.

No comments: