16 December 2010

civilization!

Well, its been 2 months since I have been anywhere with roads. And now I get 2 glorious weeks of Christmas holiday. Lots of shopping, friends, and tons of fun!! I will try to get Christmas gifts in the mail right away, then get ready for shopping. I don't plan on going into Anchorage again until the end of February, so I want to make sure I have everything I need.

As much as I like the freedom to drive somewhere, I am really beginning to appreciate the beauty of where I live. Everywhere I look, there are mountains. Its especially pretty in the winter, with white snow everywhere reflecting the low sun's light. The town sits right on a big lake, with a peaceful bay defining the northeast side of town. Yes, it would be nice if it was easier to get in and out. But for what its worth, its beautiful here.

So the plans for the next two weeks involve dancing, sledding, snow machining, gingerbread parties, christmas eve, christmas day, shopping, hanging out with friends, more shopping, and grocery shopping. Looking forward to it!

No comments: