21 March 2010

new news

ITS SPRING!!!!!!

Thats right, it is officially spring now! I am so excited. I can't wait for all the snow to melt, and a little warmer weather. I never really appreciated the hope that spring brings before I experienced the depth of an Alaska winter. Ok, so Anchorage is wimpy compared to Fairbanks and the North Slope area. And they told me this was a really mild winter. So maybe I didn't experience the worst of winters. But still, it was more than I am used to.

Apparently though, Longview (Texas) missed the memo, as they got snow this morning.

I am preparing to go outside for the first time since going home in September. A college classmate is marrying one of my really close friends, and I am really excited to be a part of this event in their lives. And the locale certainly makes it even more bearable!!

I would write more, but it is 11:30, and frankly, I am worried about saying something I could possibly regret, or that just didn't make sense. My flight boards in about 45 minutes, and lands in Seattle at 5:15. We don't switch planes there, but we do have an hour on the ground before going further south. Hopefully I will get sleep somewhere in there. But I have an aisle seat on a full flight, so we will see.

No comments: