21 May 2009

needs or wants and an american value system

Reasons I am stuck in Texas:
sppech class...............................complete
flying..................................almost done
trying to find a way home....about to start walking

I need a car and a computer. What happened to the car and computer I had before I went to Africa? The car got sold. I loved gizmo, but I dont think she ever would have made it to Alaska. Not with her propensity to ride tow trucks. Teddy, back home, doesnt like cold weather. When it gets below 30 degrees outside, the doors freeze shut. Not to mention he is older than I am. So it is safe to assume a car would be a very useful investment for me.

Also mentioned is the computer. My old computer that I got my senior year of high school has kicked the bucket. The insides no longer function properly, so I cannot get a charge from the wall to the battery. It runs off battery power, even when plugged in. As much as I would love to MacGyver up a charger, I really don't want to blow anything up in the process. Instead of paying 300 dollars for the part my decrepit old computer needs, I decided I should probably get a new computer.

Obviously, these things cost money. Money is a little difficult when one is a recent graduate, and has plans until early august, so one cannot obtain a job. This got me thinking (as many things do) about the time I spent in Kenya. Kenyans dont have credit cards and loans. They are probably a lot better off than I am. I am already in debt enough over my 4 years at LeTourneau.

So that's where I am at. I am looking forward to a few months from now when this is all behind me. I know I will be asking myself what was worrying me so much!!

No comments: