29 December 2011

wrapping up 2011

Its a good thing I didn't resolve to share all my resolutions at the beginning of the year, cause I managed to post once about them?  Oh well, you are getting them all now, with a few comments on how I feel I did.  I will wrap it up with an arbitrary grade, since I didn't incorporate a real grading system. 

1-spend more time with God: more worship, more Bible study, etc.
While I have been doing more in the way of God time, its still not consistent.  I do more worship though, as I have started playing cello with the worship team at church regularly.  I'll give myself a C, since I am no where near where I wanted to be when I made this resolution. 

2-get up earlier.  Not just to laze around in the mornings, but to do some devotions, possibly a little exercise, and just be more alert for the rest of the day.
This one got better for a while, then really bad, but is now back to being better.  I give myself a B, since I have been pro-active about changing my habits when they slip. 

3-get 500 hours flight time so I can be on the part 135 for work



I am going to throw this one out, since my goals changed a little bit as far as career progression goes.  I still want to fly, but I have another certificate in maintenance to pick up before I want to do that. 

4-lose weight (how cliche is that??  But really, I could stand to lose something)
 I have lost 25 pounds since last year.  I give myself an A for this one!  I eat a little healthier, I drink a lot more water, but I think the biggest contributing factor is commuting to work now that I live on the other end of town.  I either walk or ski, depending on the weather.  Since its a half mile each way, it adds up pretty fast. 

5-be less self righteous.  This will basically be displayed by reaching out more to others instead of waiting for them to reach out to me.  
I have done better with this.  Last spring was not great (living alone will do that to me) but I am actively working on this one.  I give it a C.  Still needs improvement, but its much better than last year.

6-no more feeling sorry for myself.  Its SO easy to fall into that trap, and its pretty miserable.  Instead of holding low opinions of myself and others, I just need to think about something else, or spend time with said people so I won't be quite so bitter toward them.  I feel that this could also lead to deeper relationships, and the ability to lead the youth in a slightly more adult/wise manner
 I think I have finally broken out of this.  But it took me most of the year to do so.  Therefore, it gets a C.

7-spend time with the youth.  Learning how to work with these kids is just the start of my learning how to minister effectively.  I know that they enjoy me (likely because I am the new girl) so I want to take advantage of that: earn their trust, their love, and their confidence.
A friend and I started a regular Bible study with the girls, and I continue to head that up.  I also attend youth group with them somewhat regularly, and will take care of a few of the girls if their parents are out of town. Another shiny gold star for me! 

8-not be a couch potato-this means not coming home from work and sitting on the couch the rest of the evening.  I need to do at least one bit of housecleaning (not including dishes) every day.
 Well, I think I am better about this.  It's hard to judge, since I live with a family now instead of on my own.  Arbitrary B.

9-keep a cleaner/less cluttered house.  Not immaculately clean, but better than I have been doing.  Starting with the pile of clothes in the bedroom... I need to figure out a system for that.


Again, hard to judge now that I live somewhere different.  If anything, I do a better job of keeping my stuff out of the living room, but the laundry thing is still an ongoing battle.  Maybe I need less clothes.  however, I improved a lot in my housekeeping skills, so I will give it a B.

10-be more financially accountable.  Figure out a budget, get loans all situated, and get my feet under me financially.
I feel that I should get a shiny gold star for this one as well.  Not because I am rolling in the dough, but I have an attainable goal for loan payoff, I live in a location where I don't spend much money at all, and I don't do much online shopping.  I even have a growing savings account!  A+!

11-start a monthly newsletter to prayer supporters.  I know people are praying for me, but I owe it to them to be accountable, and it will keep them more in the loop, and they will be more accountable to pray for specifics.
Thinking about it doesn't really count, does it?  considering the two days left this year, I don't think this will happen.  I guess I know one of my resolutions for next year!

Minus the one that gets thrown out and the one failure, that gives me a 3.0 average.  I'll take it!  Here's to 2012 being even better!

No comments: