31 December 2011

resolutions for 2012 (with a shiny new grading system!)

1. Consistently work through Bible Study materials.  Kind of arbitrary, but it won't be easy to score otherwise.  

2. start a monthly newsletter to prayer supporters.  I know people are praying for me, but I owe it to them to be accountable, and it will keep them more in the loop, and they will be more accountable to pray for specifics.  (Hey... this looks awfully familiar!)  8.3% per month of writing monthly news

3. no facebook chat.  It sucks away entire evenings. I just need to learn to email or call.  Every time I get on, -5%

4. Don't get eaten by wildlife. This is a pass/fail sort of thing. this also might be to pad my year end grade.

5. Get my IA.  For those of you who don't speak aviation maintenance, that is my Inspections Authorization.  It allows me to sign off annual inspections, major repairs and alterations, and some other stuff I am sure. (why yes, I do need to study...)  I am eligible to test for it in October.  100% if I get it, 75% if I am ready for the test and haven't taken it, 50% if I take the test and fail, 25% if I have at least started to study, and 0% if I don't touch it.

6. Work on priorities.  How's that for vauge?  I know the details about this, but I'm not putting it out there for the blogger world to see. 

7. lose 25 lbs.  4% per pound, easy enough. I guess anything over that can be extra credit. 

8. Blog at least once a week.  1.5% per post.  Yes, I realize that works out to more than once a week.  


9. Summit Tanalian. Should be no problem.  Pass/Fail


10. Do at least a mile 5 days a week.  Even if it is just skiing to work.  Basically this works out to having to come up with something new if I get a ride to work.  the math is a little more than my brain can handle right now... (I can't figure out the math right now. But it will be figure out-able come year end)


11. be better about working full weeks.  40+ hrs = 2 pts, -.1 points for .1 hours, and so on.  Every 5 hours over 40 is an extra point.  Vacation weeks don't count, nor do holidays (1/2 day on 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas)

No comments: