22 August 2010

Rain rain rain rain...

They say that records are meant to be broken. I guess that is what this summer had in store for us as it poured. And rained. And drizzled. And rained again. For 30 days in a row. We saw little spots of sun in the process, but we didn't have a single day without rain for a whole month.

Considering my company relies on good weather to fly our singles, this didn't help business/planning too much. We got really good at loading and unloading stuff in the rain, as well as using wet tarps to cover wet stuff in attempt to keep them from getting even more wet. I got into the habit of bringing a change or two of clothes to work, since there is no choice but to get completely soaked every time we have a plane come in.

But the past couple days, we have had sunshine, and even some warmth! I am enjoying it, and find myself anticipating the coming summer. But then I realize that we are well past solstice, and the days are getting noticeably shorter. So I enjoyed my three days of summer, and am looking forward to fall, and all the good things that brings.

No comments: