09 July 2010

the dark hole that was once my blog...

Phew. Life has been crazy here. from working 10+ hour days to moving and getting to know new roommates, I havent had much time to stop and breathe. And when I do, I am usually off on another hike. Its a crazy lifestyle, but its the only way to survive in the summer!

People ask me how we survive the summer with all the daylight. My answer is twofold:
-Alaskans need to recharge our solar batteries. When we hit winter, we aren't getting a ton of sunlight, so we take advantage of it and enjoy every second we can!
-We work and play so hard during the day that, out of sheer exhaustion, we fall dead asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.

Ok, I am going to write several short blogs and schedule there posting, so it doesn't appear so abandoned around here!

Liz

1 comment:

Liz said...

abandoning is permissible if it leads to castles ;-)