01 July 2008

I hate mondays...

Now that everyone has a good idea of what day to day life looks like around here, I will skip over the boring stuff and just share the fun stuff J

Yesterday during lunch, I was sitting there, minding my own business, and I look up to see a mother moose and her baby wandering down the path we walk every day. They walked around our cabin to the woods behind it. But she decided to stop and pose for Mr. Scroggins, who was taking opportunity for the photo op. I didn’t have my camera, so I didn’t get any shots. But that made for an exciting lunch.

Erik and I started on the wheels and brakes of 200SD, the little 150 on which we are performing an annual. Using a highly technical jack (3 guys lifting the wing) we pulled the tire off and inspected it. We had to replace the tire, due to significant weather cracking. I cleaned and repacked the bearings, and erik put new brake pads on.

My new roommate got here around 6, so we took her down to put her stuff away before dinner. Her name is Lydia. She is 15, from New York, and going to learn how to fly. After dinner, we all went for a hike. All the LeTourneau guys, me and the two girls (syd and Lydia) headed down to the river. The guys took part in the usual throwing rocks in the river, seeing how far they can throw, and that sort of thing. I enjoyed egging the guys egos on by saying things such as “Phil, Owen doesn’t think he can skip this rock. Can you?” It was awesome. Phil and Owen then decided to build a dam to get to a sandbar in the middle. It was altogether amusing to watch them pretend to be manlier than each other, throwing big rocks, etc.

Whle they were working on that, Syd and I were running around out on a sand bar, and I stumbled, causing me to halfway fall in. Only one leg got significantly wet, and the jacket that was in my hand. It ended up being nice for the trip home, because it was nice and cool while hauling up the hill.

No comments: