22 June 2008

anointed

I know they don’t plan church services specifically for one audience member, but that is really what I felt this morning. The first song we sang really means a lot to me. It is called Lead of Love by Caedmon’s call. The chorus is this:

Looking back You know You had to bring me through
All that I was so afraid of
Though I questioned the sky, now I see why
Had to walk the rocks to see the mountain view
Looking back I see the lead of love

What it means to me…

I first heard this song about a year and a half ago. I talked to Dwayne about flying in Alaska and into Russia, and it felt like a dream come true. Here is a guy who spent his entire life doing that which I could only dream. God whispered that those dreams were only a glimpse of what could come of my life. But I would have to walk the rocks. The next 4 months were filled with boulders. I fell hard. But that’s another story…

The rocks continued to be rough for another year, but I learned something when I fell. I learned I needed to let God lead me. He knew He would be the one bringing me through. I needed, and still need, the lead of love.

So this morning at church, the service opened with this same song. I am so excited to see the mountain view.

Then we took communion this morning. Now, unlike some churches, we only take communion about 4 times a year. So this is slightly more rare, and really a special time. I was reminded of the one whom I serve. He gave his all—his body was broken, his blood was spilled, so I could be here today. So I could go on this adventure to Alaska. I have so much faith in Him right now. I can see the rocks I had to walk through. I can see Him reaching out, asking me to trust Him to bring me through. And I am so thankful that God has enough faith in me to send me on this adventure.

God gave me an incredible morning, and I really felt like it was a modern day anointing. He reminded me of where I had been, the journey on which I have traveled thus far, and the whole reason I would even consider doing any of this.

Well, I think I will try to get a little sleep before this thing starts.

No comments: