16 August 2009

hi again

I haven't posted in a while... To my avid fans, I apologize. There has been lots going on at the ranch. So I will give as brief a look as I can!


206 Tom

Tom Regier, an incredible aircraft mechanic, has been with us for a few weeks. He taught at A&P school for more than 30 years, and has a shop specializing in aircraft rebuilds. His most recent project was rebuilding a mooney that got sliced in half by a hangar falling on it. He has gone with MAF a few times, just to do rebuilds for them. He has been a ton of fun to work with in the hangar, and it has been amazing to watch things happen with him cracking the whip. We have a 206 that looked like a broken egg shell when he started, and a 150 that sat around as a fuselage the past few years. The 150 flew on Tuesday, and the 206 has wings and windows installed. It wont fly until at least next year though, as boxes of engine pieces are on their way to Tom's shop in california to be built.


The 150 flies!! After sitting in the hangar for so long, I am sure 402 is happy to be in the air again.



KAC summer flight ops are basically done
for 2009. Most of the pilot/mechanic types have returned home or to LeTourneau for the next year of school. That leaves me here, wondering what's next.

What's next for Liz?
The job hunt is the big thing I am working on right now. I have dropped off applications and resumes, so I am waiting to hear back from a couple of those. As I am waiting to hear back, I am making more contacts, praying that God leads me to the right job.

I have really been questioning Whether God wants me to stay in Alaska, or if it is just a Liz thing. But God keeps providing little things that tell me He really wants me here. Its going to take a lot of endurance on my part, but God will provide. He gave me a good car a few weeks ago for an incredible deal. Just yesterday, I met someone who lives in Anchorage with a guest room. She invited me to stay with her for a few weeks when I get a job to get into town and find some housing. Please pray with me that God brings me the job I need to get me through the winter and this next year. I am so thankful for what he has provided so far.

-thanks to Lydia and Drew for the pics :)-

No comments: