30 July 2009

what a wednesday...

Yeah I know its Thursday. But the excitement happened Wednesday. I got a car!

I have been hunting on craigslist for the past two months, and I found one for a really good price. The guy was selling for 350 dollas, a 1986 Honda Prelude with a few problems. So I took a couple of friends and headed down to check it out. Because of the problems, the guy lowered his asking price to 275. I was a little apprehensive, but I knew this was a good deal, especially if the car lasts. So we took it home to the ranch, about 60 miles from where we picked it up. It made it just fine, but it was apparent that the car was old and had some problems.

The neat thing about the Ranch is that people come from all over and just bring their expertise. It so happens that a japanese auto mechanic is here for a while helping fix up the cars on the ranch. Seriously? Could it work out any better? I told him about the problems, which he fixed, and did a tune up on the engine.

We took it out for a test drive tonight, and let me tell you it was full of joy. It will be a good car to get around, and we will be able to have some good fun with it. Its not exactly my dream car, but considering the price I paid, I am not going to complain. I named it shadow, as it is dark grey in color.

Thank you Lord for the blessing of a car. I needed it! I guess it is proof that I will be staying in Alaska for at least a little while.

No comments: