17 April 2009

you gotta travel halfway around the world...

it took me three months of living in Nairobi to learn a few things...

1. I dont really like Dr. Pepper as much as I used to
2. American foods are incredibly over processed, gross, and FULLLLLLLLLL of things that are really bad for you.
3. Fruit and juice just isnt the same here. Fruit was picked before it got anywhere near ripe, and juice is glorified water.
4. I need to pay a lot more attention to what I spend money on.
5. I really need to work on my driving skills.
6. being in school is awful. I dont know how I sat through 4 years of classes.
7. I like getting up in the morning when I have somewhere to go, a schedule to keep.
8. Being an adult in the real world isn't going to be as bad as I thought. Sure beats homework...
9. As Amanda said, there are good people everywhere. But it does take time to get to know them.
10. I need to figure out who I am in order for people to get to know me.

There are many more that I will discover as I go along the next few weeks, but this is just a start.

No comments: